Developing an Art Web Site
for your School District
An Art Department's district web site reflects the culture, values and vision of the department. It should demonstrate that students, teachers and administrators have an understanding of the capabilities of technology and are able to use it to enhance learning, promote creativity, solve problems and communicate effectively as well as increase productivity. In order to do this a school district's art web site should:
- Introduce teachers, administrators and support staff to the community by providing statements, pictures and e-mail addresses.
- Present the scope and sequence of the curriculum by providing course goals and outlines for all grade levels and presenting exemplary student work from all grade levels.
- Help students, parents and community members understand the curriculum by offering information about state standards and the goals of the curriculum.
- Provide students, teachers, administrators, parents, community members and support staff with opportunities to communicate with one another through the use of e-mail, listserves and group e-mail.
- Provide students with opportunities to enhance their learning with web sites that contain course information, tutorials, links to relevant web sites and enrichment opportunities.
- Provide students with opportunities to publish work demonstrating their abilities, knowledge and accomplishments.
- Provide students with links to appropriate search engines and strategies for using them as well as strategies to evaluate the information they find.
- Provide teachers, administrators and support staff with professional development opportunities and technical support by posting tutorials and links to appropriate web sites.
The Art Teacher and Art Department Web Sites listed below are a sampling of sites of various quality.
Digital Imaging, Mr. Olejarz, Eisenhower Middle School, Wyckoff, NJ
Mr. Olejarz BF Site (my old school site)
Judy Decker's Art Home
Sharon's Art-Rageous Webpage
Bassett High School Art Department in Bassett Virginia
South Newton M/S High School Art Department
Dalton School - Fine Arts Department
Monte Vista H.S. ART
The Mount Vernon High School Art Page
North Haven Public Schools Art Department
Virgina School and School District Art Web Sites
Cave Spring Junior High, Roanoke, VA
Eden Prairie Schools
Northland High School Art Department
Highland High School Art Department
Dublin Scioto High School - Art Home
South Fork High School Art
All work on this site ©Harold Olejarz 1997 - 2002 and the artists credited. No images or text may be used for commercial purposes without written permission from Harold Olejarz. Personal or educational uses are allowed with permission from Harold Olejarz.